Home and auto insurance plan for ASET members
Official contest rules and regulations 2021 “Brighter Days Ahead Contest”
The contest is organized and sponsored by The Personal Insurance Company (referred to hereafter as “The Personal”). The contest runs from April 19, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. to June 14, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time).
The contest is open exclusively to members of the Association of Science & Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (hereafter referred to as “ASET”).
There is a total of $5,000 (CDN) in prizes available to be won, consisting of the following:
- One (1) grand prize valued at $5,000 awarded in the form of cash.
- 1. To be eligible for the contest, an entrant must:
- Be a resident of Canada outside of the Province of Quebec;
- Have attained the age of majority in their province or territory of residence on the draw date;
- Be a valid ASET member at the date of the draw; and
- Be eligible for home or auto insurance with the ASET Home and Auto Insurance Program.
- 2. Obtain a valid telephone or online home and/or auto1 insurance quote2 through the ASET Home and Auto Insurance Program between April 19, 2021 to June 14, 2021. One entry per valid insurance quote per person per insurance product during the contest period (one (1) entry for a home insurance and one (1) entry for an auto insurance for a maximum of two (2) entries per person during the contest period).
- have a home or auto insurance policy with The Personal in force at the end of the month preceding the date of each draw.
- 3. No purchase required.
- 4. Employees of ASET, The Personal and its affiliated companies or agents, persons domiciled with them and immediate family members are excluded.
Details of the Draw
- The winner of the one (1) grand prize valued at $5,000 will be selected by means of one (1) electronic draw to be held at The Personal’s office. located at 3 Robert Speck Parkway, Mississauga, Ontario, L5A 4K7, at 3:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) on July 8, 2021 from among all of the eligible entries received on the following dates:
- On July 8, 2021: One (1) draw among all eligible entries from The Personal between April 19, 2021 and June 14, 2021.
- A contest entrant is defined as someone whose name appears on an eligible insurance quote request. In the event two people have jointly requested an insurance quote, it is the person who is a valid member of ASET who must answer the mathematical skill-testing question, and the prize shall be awarded in that person’s name only. If both people are valid members of ASET, either may answer the mathematical skill-testing question and the prize shall be awarded in both of their names.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of valid home and auto insurance quote requests received during the contest period.
- To obtain his or her prize, the winner must meet the eligibility requirements set forth in these rules and:
- be reached by telephone within ten (10) business days of the draw; and
- correctly answer a timed mathematical skill–testing question asked over the telephone; and
- accept the prize as awarded; and
- consent to the use of his or her name, place of residence, photograph, and voice in any contest-related advertising, without compensation; and
- sign the declaration and release form under the conditions provided for by The Personal and return it within ten (10) days of its receipt.
Failing which, The Personal will select a different winner. This subsequent draw will proceed in the same manner as described in these rules, with the exception of the date, which cannot be the same.
- Within ten (10) business days from the day the winner was notified by telephone of his or her win, a letter confirming the awarding of the cash prize and a declaration and waiver of responsibility form shall be mailed to him or her by registered mail. The declaration and waiver of responsibility form, once duly filled out and signed by the winner, must be returned to The Personal within ten (10) business days of said form being received.
- Once The Personal receives the duly completed declaration and release form, and the prize shall then be sent to the winner by registered mail within ten (10) business days.
- The prize must be accepted as awarded, may not be transferred to another person or the winner’s successor or heir.
- All quote requests remain the property of The Personal.
- The Personal reserves the right to modify the contest conditions or terminate the contest at any time, without notice.
- The Personal reserves the right to disqualify anyone from the contest or cancel any entry that is contrary to the contest rules.
- All decisions made by The Personal regarding this contest are final and binding.
- The Personal cannot be held liable for any lost, misdirected or late entries, or for any defect whatsoever that could affect the availability or the proper operation of its web site or any component of its systems or telecommunication network during this contest. Furthermore, The Personal cannot be held liable for any damage to a computer or information system an entrant used to enter this contest.
- Anyone entering the contest shall not hold The Personal liable for any damage arising from entering the contest or from accepting and using the prize won through this contest.
- The Personal shall not be held liable for any lost or stolen prize.
- A French version of these rules is available by sending a request to: “Brighter Days Ahead Contest”, The Personal, Marketing Department, 3 Robert Speck Parkway, Mississauga, Ontario, L5A 4K7. In the event of any discrepancy between the English and French versions of these rules, the English version takes precedence.
- The contest is subject to all applicable laws.
- Auto insurance is not available in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, or British Columbia, where government insurance programs exist.
- To request a quote, call 1-877-314-2338 or visit https://www.thepersonal.com/aset/contest