Frequently Asked Questions on Claims
Is my Pool or Spa Covered?
Frost and the weight of ice or snow are just some of the factors that can damage your pool or spa.
Getting the Right Protection
By taking out a home insurance policy with us, you can supplement your basic insurance to cover:
- Your above-ground pool, including equipment and accessories, as well as attached patios that are not connected to the house
- Your in-ground pool or spa, including equipment and accessories, as well as attached patios that are not connected to the house
Get a home insurance quote
Complete an online home insurance quote. It’s quick, easy and commitment free.
You can also request a quote over the phone simply by contacting us.
What Is Proof of Loss?
If you need to file a claim following a loss, your insurer will require proof of the loss.
This term refers to proof of possession, ideally, the original bill of sale. Other documents, however, may be accepted, such as:
- owners manual/operating instructions
- warranty cards
- credit card or bank account statements, etc.
A Proof of Loss form must be certified by a notary public or commissioner of oaths. Once an insurer receives proof of loss, the claim must be processed quickly. Insurers have:
- seven days to declare their intention to repair or replace the article, or to repair the damage
- sixty days to either pay compensation or reject the claim
To find out more about how a home insurance claim is handled, read Our Claims Process.
What Is Water Damage Insurance?
Water damage insurance covers damages caused by surface or ground water.
Our basic coverage is $10,000; however, you can increase this amount for a higher premium.
How much insurance do I need?
To calculate how much insurance you really need, you should estimate the value of all your property and investments that could be damaged if you experience a loss.
Bear in mind that your insurance amount includes not only damage to your home and belongings, but also additional living expenses arising from the loss.
In some cases, $10,000 is plenty. In others, more coverage is definitely necessary.
If you’re already a customer, contact us agent for helpful advice on water damage coverage. If not, request a home insurance quote. It's quick, easy and commitment free.
You can also request a quote over the phone simply by contacting us
What Should I Do in the Event of Water Damage, Fire, or Theft?
If you experience a loss, take immediate steps to minimize the damage.
- In the event of water damage, cut off the water supply and move all furniture and damaged items to a dry place.
- In the event of theft, call your local police immediately.
- In the event of a fire, call the fire department right away. Even a small fire can spread quickly if it’s not brought under control.
- If there’s damage, one of our claims advisors can help you deal with the emergency and start the claims process.
You can minimize the risk of experiencing such a loss. To find out more, read Tips on Preventing Home Insurance Claims.